I only got about 10 minutes sleep last night before it was time to get up.
When we got to SF, I discovered one third of my travelers checks and three-quarters of my cash hadn't made it.
We decided to rent a car (so expensive!) and it was a rag top so we had to go to the hotel to see if they could store the large pieces for us while we were out. We got lucky - the check-in time was supposed to be 3pm and they let us check in around noon. So we were able to get the room and unload stuff so it did not have to travel with us. Saw a resin guy in the lobby - the girl will be giving the Sunday panel.
When I got to the room... that's when I discovered I had left the camera battery recharger - something I had specifically had in my hand at one point yesterday but obviously did not make it into a suitcase of any kind.
I was really pissed off by now, and crying to a degree, and ready to just turn around and go home. I was in pain, too, and still am. My chest is really being bothersome and I have my brace on over my clothes. I don't know what is wrong with my brain lately but I do feel like a veil is over my thinking processes. I am just not functioning well and haven't been for the past week or so.
Anyway, rat decided to go with the $12 a day high-speed internet to see if a Wolf Camera was closeby. Yes, one was in downtown SF, so he called, they had a universal charger, we asked them to hold it and off we went. It was good we rented the car after all.
Got the charger, checked to see if it worked, talked to a rennie behind the counter who high-fived me as a mutual rennie, then we stopped for two of those little double cheeseburgers for a buck a piece at McDonalds because we saw a fast food place and could get to it easily. By then I had had nothing to eat since 7am Dallas time and it was now somewhere about 3pm Dallas time. I was feeling headachy because of the lack of food and when I starve that long I actually lose my appetite.
We passed Japantown on the way to the Muir Forest. We will make it back there after the con.
Got to the forest, got all three boys out and started taking photos of lots and lots of large trees. A few shots have a resin boy in them. rat was having so much fun with Chikara. People stopped and asked about them. I told them they were models who did not complain about the working hours and did not want to be fed and did not get tired.
Then we stopped a restaurant our dental hygienist recommended - it's a great little English Inn, pub and restaurant called the Pelican Inn. (http://www.pelicaninn.com/) We got there right when dinner was starting to be served (5:30pm) and we were the only people in the main dining area. Some people were out in back outside, I guess part of a beer garden. The staff built a fire for us in one of the old hearths and lit candles on the table. Very dark, rustic and quaint. They had a fake boar's head on the wall and we looked at each other and I started quoting the Boar's Head Carol, a song we used to sing at Xmas. The wait was a friendly lady with a Brit accent who found my three guys fascinating and guessed Shuichi was gay! *laughs* rat got fish and chips and I got Guinness beef stew with toast points. The stew was quite good but I could eat only half of it - it was so filling and my stomach is really tiny when it gets stressed like this. It is already shrunk a lot because of all my assorted illnesses. So I dug all the yummy meat out of it and lots of the veg but had to leave quite a bit of veg and bread.
We got back to the hotel and a Tohma and Ryuichi were at the payphones close to the lobby seating area. I called out their names and waved. A lot of ladies were in the lobby but we were too beat to mingle and I did not see any resin there.
Anyway, it is 10pm Dallas time and I am utterly beat. rat has gone to return the car and I am listening to Gravi music because I need it. The battery charger seems to be working and hopefully the rest of the trip will not be fraught with shit from hell.
I know I will not sleep tonight because I never do sleep the first night in a strange place. Boy, will I have a happy person tomorrow - Whee!
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*